With the exception of number 4 this isn’t strictly health related but after a slightly fractious day I needed to read this 🙂
The top 10 things your kids really want you to do with them:
1. Come into my bedroom at night, tuck me in and sing me a song. Also tell me stories about when you were little.
2. Give me hugs and kisses and sit and talk with me privately.
3. Spend quality time just with me, not with my brothers and sisters around.
4. Give me nutritious food so I can grow up healthy.
5. At dinner talk about what we could do together on the weekend.
6. At night talk to me about anything; love, school, family etc.
7. Let me play outside a lot.
8. Cuddle under a blanket and watch our favorite TV show together.
9. Discipline me. It makes me feel like you care.
10. Leave special messages in my desk or lunch bag.
I love that there is nothing in here about going to soft play or structured activities as my kids don’t do structure too well but would happily play outside all day long.
Thanks to this blogger for posting this http://www.handsfreemama.com/2012/05/16/what-a-hands-free-summer-looks-like/